Spring Time Fun in Maryland
Spring with its amazing colors and warm weather is always a beautiful time in Maryland. As the colors turn green, gold, purple and beautiful, Spring time activities in Maryland are also in full bloom. There are plenty of Spring Time family fun in Maryland this time of year, and there’s no doubt if you’re visiting, you’ll find something to suit all ages and interests. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite Spring events in Maryland this year.
Home and Garden Shows
Welcome Spring with the beautiful flowers in bloom. There are tons of Home and Garden shows that features the wide array of plants and trees on display this season. Check out the list of public gardens in Maryland for a fun afternoon picnic with the family or just to enjoy the warm weather.
Here's a list of Home and Garden shows happening in Maryland
- St. Paul's Flower Fair (Cambridge) - May 3 - 4
- Flower Mart (Baltimore) - May 4 - 5
- Garden Flowers at Ladew Gardens (Monkton) - May 5
- Secret Garden Tour of Havre de Grace - May 19 - 20
- Beyond the Garden Gates Garden Tour (Downtown Frederick) - May 19 - 20
Spring in Maryland would not be complete without the annual Steeplechase races. This traditional sports has always been a favorite and has become a family event for most. Originating in the United Kingdom as a cross-country race from church steeple to church steeple, Maryland has enjoyed this exciting sport for more than 100 years.
Where to See Steeplechase Races
- Elkridge-Harford Hunt Point to Point (Monkton, Baltimore County) - April 7
- My Lady’s Manor (Monkton, Harford County) - April 14
- Fair Hill Point to Point (Elkton, Cecil County) - April 15
- Grand National Steeplechase (Butler, Baltimore County) - April 21
- Maryland Hunt Cup (Glyndon, Baltimore County) - April 28
- Maryland Junior Hunt Cup (Cockeysville, Baltimore County) - April 29
- Howard County Cup Races (Brookville, Howard County) - May 5
- Potomac Hunt Races (Poolsville, Montgomery County) - May 20
The beautiful warm weather Spring brings until the Summer is the perfect time for Music festivals. Enjoy the outdoors, grab a glass of Maryland wine or beer, and get your groove on.
Check out some of these amazing concerts happening in Maryland
- Charm City Bluegrass Festival (Baltimore) - April 27 - 28
- Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival - May 19 - 20
- Belvedere Square Summer Concert Series - May 25 - September 7
- Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill - June 5
May Day in Annapolis
This month-long festival happening in Annapolis began in 1956 as a Garden Club of Old Annapolis Towne beautification project. Starting May 1st, walk through the Historic District of Maryland's capital and enjoy doors adorned with baskets brimming with fresh flowers and colorful ribbons. Another great Spring tradition in Maryland showcasing the beautiful blooms of the season.
Maryland International Kite Expo
Young or old, anyone will enjoy a fun-filled Spring day at the Maryland International Kite Expo happening on April 28 - 29 in Ocean City. Watch thousands of kites in different shapes and sizes fly through the sky. Stop by the Kite Loft and get your own kite to get in on the high-flying action.